Thursday, August 24, 2006

By Example

Al Ogren is one of my favorite people in the world. There are many reasons. This picture, however, symbolizes one of the top reasons I like Al.

If anyone could claim a certain elevated status at Flaming Pine Youth Camp it would be Al. I mean, he's certainly paid his dues. Not only that, he has been at camp since day one. And finally, let's just say he's a seasoned camper. If Al didn't want to wash another dish at camp, who would say anything?

And yet here he is in summer 2006 at the helm of the dishwasher.

This is the kind of example I need, mentor I need, leadership I need.

Here are the lessons contained within this picture:

1. Leadership means never requiring something of someone else you wouldn't require of yourself.

2. Service is for everyone.

3. Working across generations can be fun.

4. No one is too good for anything.

What do you see in this picture?

No comments: