Monday, August 21, 2006

Yes, Kathy Can Sing

Brett and Kathy Osborne have been married 20 years. Once upon a time, early on in their romance, I was treated (as a teenager) to a duet by them called, "Surround Me With love." It was a song that resonated with my heart because I felt like camp was the only safe place on the face of the earth. It was camp that got me through the awkward teenage years, through difficulties at home, through my "I hate everyone and everything" days. Although I spent at most 3 weeks a year at Flaming Pine Youth Camp, songs like, "Surround Me With Love," lasted the other 49 weeks.

Kathy retired from camp performances years ago. A loss, in my opinion. Well, this year at the second family session, Kathy came out of retirement and treated us (with brett of course) to that same duet, "Surround Me With love."

Kathy, thanks for coming out of retirement to bless us (me) once again with that song. It triggers something deep within me.

And, if I can find a way, I might upload a recording of that song from 1986, I believe.

No comments: